Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In the mood


Romance is something you feel. Just like writing, your not always in the mood. I sometimes find myself with writers block. Other times I find that I can not find a computer fast enough to write down all the thoughts running through my head. Writing a romance is like falling in love all over again. When I write a good scene between my main character I can feel the butterflies. You know the butterflies I mean. The kind you get when you first meet someone your attracted to. This is what I mean when I say "In the mood". The mood can not be forced but it sure can be pushed along lol. What I do when I know I need to get scenes done, I will listen to a sexy song for example the song that gets me in the mood at the moment is "Within Temptation- All I Need" the guitars are so sexy in this song. Listen and you'll see what I mean. The video is not so hot so just close your eyes and feel it. Another thing I do is watch a romatic movie. Music does the best job for me though.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about. You know that tingling feeling you get when you are attracted to someone? The best love songs produce harmonies and musical tones, sending a soft vibration that dazzles all of the senses, not just the ears. It is like the song produces a sonic elixir that tingles in your gut like those romantic embers. Music is a powerful thing! I wonder what kind of songs you listen to when you write your best!

    ReplyDelete