Sunday, May 2, 2010

Critique your work

Getting your work critiqued before sending your manuscript to publishers I found is a really good idea. Having your peers critique your work will help in finding mistakes you've over looked. With Love and Honor I had three people who are avid readers critique my work. They found mistakes in grammar and in my time line that I missed. When you are deep in writing it is easy to miss the small things. There are many critique services out there. Look within your writers group for assistance or even a good friend. The time spent on getting this done in the beginning is worth it in the long run. At the moment I belong to the DARA chapter of Romance Writers of America, they have a really good critique program I found really helpful and insitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment