Friday, November 5, 2010

Your creative Passion Unleashed

I've heard many people say that they are not creative. Creativity is a low burning flame inside everyone. It just needs that small spark...a match to ignite and engulf. Once your lucky enough to find that spark you will be overwhelmed with creativity and passion for your writing. The match if you will can come in all kinds of forms. It is also different for other people.  No one can tell you what your spark is, you will just have to find it.

Personally I go through creativity spells I call them.  Dry spells...or Wet spells haha! I find my spark in many different forms. Music....movies....books...people....it can even come in the form of a look from a stranger.  I never know when that spark will ignite my creativity. 

Since my "down time"  I've had a hard time finding that spark. Last night I watched my favorite TV show and unexpectedly had a scene spark my flame. One of the main characters made  speech that was the most touching thing I have heard in a really long time.

" I just have to say something. You have to just listen to me. I love you Elena. And it's because I love you that I can't be selfish with you. I don't deserve you but my brother does."  then he softly kisses her fore head. Slowly stokes her cheek and runs his fingers though her hair.
"God I wish you didn't have to forget this, but you do"

The passion you saw in his eyes...his tone. It was breathtaking, so much so that I cried. You could feel his emotions in his words. This engulfed me with thoughts about my characters in my new book. Some people may have saw that scene and not get the same feeling. Sparks are different for different people.

What ignites your flames?

1 comment:

  1. Your a talented writer Jennie. I hope your creative flow continues

    ReplyDelete