Friday, November 12, 2010

Do you use people in your life as characters in your book?

When you write who do you have in mind? Is it someone famous or someone in your life right now?

People say write what you know. I don't always believe this to be true. I write about fantasy to escape and engulf myself in a fantasy world. My characters look like movies stars but a lot of the characteristics of my characters are drawn from people in my life.  My characters are not just one person but an mesh of the best and worst quality's in everyone.  How do you develop your characters?


Are your character's personality based off yourself?  I do not base my characters on my personality. I do put myself in their shoes this is how I can write my characters feelings. This is my favorite part of writing. I love emerging myself into my character, become one with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment