Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Query Letters

You've heard me mention Love and Honor in other postings. Love and Honor is my first book. Right now I'm trying to find the right Agent to represent me. Finding the correct agent to represent you I feel is the hardest and most agonizing thing about being a writer. I've gotten many positive reviews on my book, but the only thing that matters to an agent is "THE LETTER". Yes I'm talking about the query letter. If the agent does not like your letter they will not want to look at your manuscript. Talk about PRESSURE! I have tested the waters with Love and Honor. I've gotten very generic responses back. Examples are: We are not looking for new writers or Your manuscript is not the right fit for what we represent.
I will be attending the query workshop next month before I persue any agents.

No comments:

Post a Comment